Job Titles: Supervisor
The role of a Supervisors is to maintain the safety and security of DTMH staff, tenants and clients. Ensure this by patrolling the property, monitor surveillance equipment, inspecting the building, equipment and access points, permitting entry. The primary responsibility will be to promote and enforce security and act as a visible deterrent against irregular activity.
Security Officers must be registered with Grade B. Applicant must be able to communicate in English & at least one Vernacular (verbal and written).
Job Type: Permanent
Experience & other competencies required:
- Must be over the age of 27 years
- Must be able to do self-posting
- Clear criminal record
- Good Communication skills
- Customer focus
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Report writing
- Able to anticipate and solve problems
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property and monitoring surveillance equipment’s.
- Entrance and exit control
- Completing relevant registers
- Standard duties as per training
- Responsible for active-communication of “changeover” of shift-to-shift supervisor.
- Handover of keys
- Maintain environment by monitoring and setting building & equipment controls
- Confirmation of staff on shift & contractors on-site.
- Run-through of incident occurrences from previous shifts and any matters pertaining to the smooth effective running of shifts.
- Responsible for awareness of Health & Safety (Covid-19 Regulations).
- Responsible for full comprehensive understanding of fire alarm procedures.
- Ensure tenants are assisted on operational related requests.
- Assisting and communication with Police, Fire Department, Medical personnel (Health and Safety Officials)
- Responsible for providing first aid if necessary. (This only to apply to certified first aiders.)
- Control Room Management. This includes answering telephone enquiries, monitoring cameras and their functionality, contractor permits and log book submission.
- Responsible for acting as an evacuation marshal in the event of a major incident.
- Report to the Operations Manager
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to follow instructions accurately
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-orientated and keen observation skills
- Following complex instructions & situations
- Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures.
- Emotional Control – Ability to react appropriately in emergency and high stress situations.
- Safety management
Qualifications, experience, and other competencies required:
- Minimum Grade 12
- PSIRA Grade B registration and accreditation
- At least 3 years’ Supervisor experience in the security industry
Contact person: Noluvuyo Sigonyela
Contact Number: 011 334 -7230
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Curriculum vitae can be forwarded to this email). Closing date: 10 December 2020 at 12:00 midday.